Gippy Girls Can in Latrobe Valley!
We throw, catch, run, jump & get sweaty! Deal with it!
Latrobe valley women & girls will be the beneficiaries of a localized amplification of VicHealth’s amazing This Girl Can Victoria campaign. With support of the Victorian Government through the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone, GippSport has received funding to launch #GippyGirlsCan in partnership with Latrobe City Council and Latrobe Leisure Morwell on Saturday 21 April.
This Girl Can – Victoria
- This Girl Can – Victoria celebrates women who are giving it a go and getting active no matter how well they do it, how they look or how sweaty they get.
- Tall, short, curvy, petite; no matter your physique, This Girl Can – Victoria thinks if you’re out there getting active, you’re awesome
- More than three in five Australian women aren’t active enough to enjoy the health benefits. This Girl Can – Victoria features everyday Victorian women of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds and abilities to show that you can get out there and get active too.
- We want all women & girls to get out there and share their story getting active
Gippy Girls Can
- Through funding received from the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone, GippSport will be delivering a range of sport & recreation opportunities for women & girls.
- Initial launch activities include:
- Rock Up Netball – a social, fun, and non traditional way to play netball with Netball Victoria
- Stretch & flex – Mum’s & bub’s gymnastics with Energetic Gymnastics Club
- Soccer mums – a social fun format of soccer with Monash Soccer Club
- Coasting Stand Up Paddleboarding… in Latrobe Leisure indoor pools!
GippSport will be seeking to work with the community to increase opportunities for women and girls to participate in a range of sports and active recreation options throughout the campaign.
- We are encouraging women & girls from across Gippsland, but particularly from the Latrobe Valley to celebrate getting active through our social channels:
- The campaign is not about skill, level, shape or size, its about getting out there and having a go. Join a global movement of women supporting women to get active with This Girl Can – Victoria and Gippy Girls Can.
- The Latrobe Valley amplification is the only regional amplification of this campaign across the state.
- Whilst initially Latrobe City focused, from July 1 2018 the Gippy Girls Can campaign will be across the whole Gippsland region in partnership with VicHealth.
- We are proud to partner with Latrobe City Council & Latrobe Leisure as part of their All Access weekend, where access to the Leisure centre and all activities will be provided to the community free of charge.
Launch Event Details
Where: Latrobe Leisure Morwell, 25 McDonald St, Morwell.
When: Saturday 21 April
Formalities & Launch: 2:00pm-2:30pm in the group fitness room
#ThisGirlCanVIC & #GippyGIrlsCan activities
- Rock Up Netball: 12:30pm Saturday & Sunday
- Coasting SUP: 3:00pm Saturday only
- Soccer Mums: 2:30pm Saturday & 10:30am Sunday
- Aqua fit: 11:00am Sunday