VicHealth Active Club Grants – closes 31 August 2018
Round 1 of the VicHealth Active Club Grant program for 2018-2019 opened on 31 July 2018 and closes on 31 August 2018.
In 2016, VicHealth introduced an exciting new direction for Active Club Grants to get more people physically active through community sport, including two outcome areas:
Outcome area 1: Female participation:
- Almost half as many women take part in organised sport compared to men, and women are most likely to stop playing sport as teenagers.
- There is more momentum in female sport than ever before, but we need to offer more opportunities for women and girls to get involved in sport at the community level.
- VicHealth funding is available to support clubs to implement initiatives that will engage more women and girls in sport, including establishing new teams, programs or competitions specifically for women and girls.
Outcome area 2: Participation in social and modified forms of sport:
- Many Victorians are looking for sport opportunities that fit within their lifestyle. Funding is available for clubs to establish a social or modified sport program for less active Victorians.
- Social sport includes flexible, social and less structured opportunities, with a focus on fun and social interaction. Modified sport includes making changes to sports activities to best suit the needs and abilities of inactive or somewhat active people, and increase the accessibility of activities to a wider audience.
Clubs can apply online from 30 January 2018 at www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/activeclub