How can your club use the Premier’s Active April to get more members?
Premier’s Active April encourages all Victorians to do 30 minutes of physical activity a day during April. It’s free, it’s fun and it’s part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to get more people active and healthy.
What can your club do?
Your club could register itself as a team and encourage all your members to join your team.
Get each member of your club to encourage a non-club member to join your team.
Hold a special event in April to showcase your club and what you do.
Promote Active April on your website and Facebook page.
Have a social sports day in your local park or at your club.
Encourage club members to record their activity.
Encourage your club members and the local community to participate by having fun physical activity challenges at your club.
Just by registering every participant gets*:
- 10 free YMCA passes (In East Gippsland, Latrobe and Wellington these can be substituted for passes to local leisure centres)
- 15% off at Sportsmart in store and online
- one hour free tennis court hire at Melbourne Park or Albert Reserve
- a 2 for 1 ticket offer to SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- a chance to win some great prizes including four tickets to the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final (GFAFL15/12), a $1,500 bike voucher or a GoPro Camera
- a chance to win Sportsmart vouchers and coaching clinics at your school with high-profile athletes
Register today at Active April
*Terms and conditions for all prizes and offers apply. Visit activeapril.vic.gov.au for details