‘Gambling’s not a game‘ is the latest strategy from the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation. The ‘Gambling’s not a game‘ strategy includes:
- An education program for schools, parents and teachers – now being piloted with a number of regional and metropolitan schools,
- A responsible gambling program for sporting clubs – clubs are signing up to a new Responsible Gambling Charter and are being offered support to minimise the impact of gambling in their clubs,
- A guide for parents ‘What’s the big deal? Talking to teens about gambling‘ – the guide will be available online and will be distributed directly to households through two major newspapers,
- kidbet.com.au – a new website full of information and resources for anyone wanting to find out more,
- A discussion paper presenting the evidence, the issues and the rationale for future action.
GippSport would like to congratulate Churchill Amateur Basketball Association for being the first Gippsland club to sign up to the program. Please see following video about Churchill’s experiences.