GippSport with support from the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation have been working towards “Changing Gippsland’s Game” with women across Gippsland who work or volunteer in community sport.
GippSpor have received funding through “Change Our Game” for the Regional Governance (CoGRG) program which is designed to strengthen sporting communities through building the knowledge, skills, and abilities of women in communities to confidently accept leadership positions in sporting organisations.
Our GippSport team have received specific training and will conduct free local Good Governance training across Gippsland for women looking to learn about the operation of committee’s, roles and responsibilities, running effective meetings and much more.
Our aims are to
- Develop stronger links and networks with our Gippsland sporting communities
- Increased representation of women on regional sporting boards and committees
- Increased skills, abilities and knowledge of women in Gippsland to effectively lead local sporting organisations
- Improved ratio of women board members
- Greater recognition as role models for women sports administrators
- Higher levels of retention for female volunteers
- Boards being more representative of their community
- Boards operating more inclusively and equitably
- Stronger, more inclusive, cohesive and resilient regional communities
If you would like to participate in this FREE Good Governance training, we are asking that you please complete our short survey to tell us when and how you would like to undertake the training i.e. online or face to face, at night or on weekends, we want to offer the training at the most convenient time for you.