It is a busy time of the year for the Access for All Abilities program, with Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability coming up. There are many events and programs to be run across Gippsland during this time, with GippSport partnering up for some fun and exciting events.
Social Inclusion Week starts on the 23 November and runs until Sunday 1 December. Social Inclusion Week aims to help ensure all Australians feel included and valued, giving everyone the opportunity to participate fully in society. It’s about connecting local communities, workmates, family and friends in order to build and strengthen relationships and networks, addressing isolation and exclusion by supporting people who may be unable to help themselves.
International Day of People with Disability is Tuesday 3 December. International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) is a United Nations sanctioned day that aims to promote an understanding of people with disability and encourage support for their dignity, rights and well-being. There is a whole list of events being run across Australia for IDPwD. More information can be found at http://www.idpwd.com.au/.
Following is a list of some of the events GippSport’s AAA program is supporting during this period:
- Gippsland Celebrates Social Inclusion Week Launch;
- Special Olympics Victoria Community Sports Link Program – with Latrobe SDS & Sale Specialist School and Traralgon & Sale Tennis Clubs;
- Netball Victoria Social Inclusion Week clinics in Lakes Entrance & Warragul;
- Social Inlcusion Week Expo in Warragul
- Community Family Fun Day in Meeniyan
- Inspired by the lakes come & try sessions in Sale
- Lakes Entrance Better Beach Access Festival
- Scoring the Equaliser Mini Conference in Melbourne
- Disability Sport & Recreation Festival in Melbourne
- Gippsland Special Schools Athletics Carnival
For information on any of these programs or events please contact Dan or Brenton on the details HERE