Newsletter Subscription Terms and Conditions
- By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to receive emails from us.
- The aim of our newsletter is to provide you with information about GippSport, our programs and other related topics.
- We will not sell or pass on your subscription details to a third party unless required to do so by law.
- You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to suspend or cancel your subscription at any time or, again at our discretion, cancel the newsletter service.
- Newsletters created and distributed by us are provided only for information purposes. They are not and should not be regarded as legal advice.
You can stop your subscription to our service at any time. If you wish to stop your subscription, please reply to the email address that the newsletter is sent from with the title “Unsubscribe” in the heading.
By subscribing to our service you agree that personal information including your name, email address and any other details you provide with your subscription will be collected and stored by us and used for the process of managing your subscription.
We will not sell or pass on your subscription details to a third party unless required to do so by law.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is handled and protected appropriately in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Spam Act.
Newsletters and their content are provided for information purposes only and are not comprehensive or advisory in nature. While we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information included in newsletters is accurate and up-to-date we do not guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information with specific service areas, community organisations or relevant government authorities.
Newsletter content is not, and should not be regarded as legal advice.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to suspend or cancel your subscription at any time or, again at our discretion, cancel the service.
GippSport Online Communities
While encouraging rigorous debate and the sharing of diverse opinions, GippSport expects community members to treat each other with respect and courtesy. These standards apply to interaction within all GippSport Online Services including official GippSport accounts established on third-party social media sites.
As well, GippSport is a ChildSafe organisation and as such, reserves the right to block, delete and/or report anything it deems to be inappropriate, bullying or harassing, or grooming in nature.
You understand and agree that GippSport has ultimate editorial control over all its online services. GippSport may edit, remove or exercise its discretion not to accept or publish your contribution for legal, editorial or operational reasons including if GippSport considers it to be:
- defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt. GippSport reserves the right to close comments on posts that may elicit harmful, defamatory or otherwise unlawful user contributions.
- intentionally false or misleading.
- an infringement of intellectual property rights including copyright.
- abusive, offensive or obscene.
- inappropriate, off topic, repetitive or vexatious. For example, GippSport reserves the right to reject contributions that have been widely canvassed in any forum. It also reserves the right to reject contributions from participants who seek to dominate the discussion.
- compromising the privacy of any person or containing inappropriate personal information.
- seeking to endorse commercial products or services.
- seeking to directly solicit donations.
- deliberate provocation of other community members; or
- impersonating someone else and/or posting on behalf of a suspended member.
GippSport values the role of its communities in guiding content standards and etiquette among members. If you have concerns about inappropriate content on any GippSport Online Service, you can alert the moderator of that space.
When accessing or participating in a GippSport-managed space on a third-party platform, such as channels, pages or feeds hosted on an external site, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions specified by that third party platform.
GippSport recommends you make sure you understand the privacy settings for each platform with which you engage and choose appropriate options to protect your personal details and content shared.