Community Sport Recovery
The Community Sport Recovery Program is funded by the State of Victoria through the Bushfire Recovery Victoria grant program in response to the 2019-20 bushfires which impacted East Gippsland and North-eastern Victorian communities. Its primary aim is to help communities in East Gippsland recover from the Eastern Victorian bushfires and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, it exists to support community sports clubs and associations and help them reconnect with their communities.
We are delivering the following to assist clubs and associations in East Gippsland recover from the 2020 Bushfires and COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Helping clubs and associations re-engage with their communities post the 2020 Bushfires.
- Working with clubs and associations on governance policies.
- Development of COVIDSafe plans and policies.
- Assisting clubs and associations with grant proposals and marketing initiatives.
- Providing community wellbeing programs for club and association members.
- Assisting clubs to reduce volunteer workload through town shared services of club administration and communication.