The Increasing Access to Sport Project has now moved into the solution testing phase, trialing new initiatives to see how the community can partner with stakeholders to hopefully increase participation in sport for 12-18 year old’s in Latrobe City.
From the extensive research and analysed data, the GippSport Community Solutions team have been able to identify a number of barriers which include; time constraints, travel requirements, social and performance-related pressures and participation costs, which are being addressed in the upcoming pilot projects.
The following projects have kicked off;
- Second hand sports equipment program with Lifeline, to improving the awareness and availability of, and access to, second-hand sports equipment,
- A youth girls social soccer program to implement a sporting program co-designed by youth for youth participants,
- A youth bowls program to analysis of the effectiveness of social sport programs as an alternative pathway to traditional club sport,
- and a ‘positive coaching’ workshop which has been completed.
If you would like to find out more about this project, or discuss piloting a solution with your Latrobe City-based sporting group or organisation, please contact Michelle – firstname.lastname@example.org – or Damen – email@example.com
- Youth girls soccer program
- Roll Up Program at Traralgon Bowls Club