Access for All Abilities is a Victorian Government initiative coordinated by Sport and Recreation Victoria. It’s the only sport and recreation program of its type in Australia.
For over 10 years the program has, and continues to support and develop inclusive sport and recreation opportunities for people with a disability throughout Victoria.
Clubs working in partnership with Access for All Abilities can increase memberships and participation, and sporting competitions can enjoy more diversity. This will promote greater levels of inclusiveness, liveability, improved health and a stronger sense of community.
What can GippSport’s Access for All Abilities program coordinators offer you?
- A variety of ideas and contacts to get you active and involved
- Links to organised activities at local facilities
- Timely and up to date advice on the latest sport and recreation opportunities in your area
- Pathways to sport and recreation opportunities right up to an elite level
Opportunities to be trained and undertake roles to coach, umpire and volunteer
GippSport’s Access for All Abilities program coordinators can offer local clubs:
- Assistance in attracting and retaining people with a disability
- Insight into the sport and recreation interests of people with a disability in the area
- Grant information and support with applications
- Disability awareness training for coaches, officials and volunteers
- Advice on how to make your club more accessible and inclusive
Promotion of inclusive programs and opportunities
How can you participate?
- You don’t need to be a star athlete or be into competitive sport to be active. There are dozens of sport and recreation activities you can get involved in that aren’t competitive.
- You can participate in the game or activity
- You can coach
- You can cheer and support your local club
- You can volunteer
- You can umpire
Who do I contact?
In Bass Coast, South Gippsland, Latrobe and Baw Baw shires please contact Michelle Harris on 0428 358 336 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Wellington and East Gippsland shires please contact Brenton Dinsdale on 0447 358 330 or email@example.com
Welcoming & Inclusive Clubs
Welcoming & Inclusive Clubs provide opportunities for all community members to be involved in the life of their club. GippSport’s Welcoming & Inclusive clubs program works like an accreditation for clubs that we have worked with, or that we have assessed to be welcoming and inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds, all genders and of all abilities.
Please contact us for information Gippsland’s Welcoming & Inclusive clubs.