Clubs and communities have become more aware of the social problems that result from alcohol abuse and realise that they have a moral and legal duty of care to their members and guests to ensure they can enjoy themselves in a safe environment.
The Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Course is a legislative requirement for all persons serving alcohol. Successful completion of an RSA course results in the participant being awarded with an RSA Certificate. This in turn enables a participant to apply for positions in licensed bars, hotels, pubs and clubs, retail liquor outlets and licensed function and event centres.
An RSA course will teach you to:
- Identify customers to whom service should be refused
- Prepare and serve alcoholic beverages responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assist alcohol affected customers
Upcoming RSA Course:
Please Note: Prepayment is required upon registration
Cost: $45 per person for Good Sport Club or $75 per person for all other clubs
Online Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Refresher Course
You need to complete an RSA refresher course every three years to maintain your training requirements.
Host an RSA course at Your Club
Do you have club members who require their RSA certificate?
We can host an RSA course at your club.
What is required from the host club:
- 20 participants are required for an RSA course to go-ahead
- If your club cannot get 20 participants, we will open up to the public
- Send us three dates, and we will work out a date that will work for our trainer and your club.
If your club would like to host an RSA course, contact the GippSport office.