Access to this funding helps grassroots clubs and organisations address barriers in participation, develop safe and sustainable practices and build social and active local communities.
This program assists organisations to:
- acquire uniforms and equipment that are essential for participation, first-aid and safety
- attract, build the capability and retain a skilled workforce – both volunteer and paid
- increase equity, diversity and inclusiveness
- implement good governance practices
- increase participation of individuals and communities who participate less
- create opportunities so Victorians can participate in ways that suit them
- build a robust sector that responds to current and changing community needs
- support athletes to achieve success in their sport at the highest level.
Applications open Tuesday 12 September 2023
Applications close 4pm, Thursday 12 October 2023
Notification of outcomes December 2023
Applications open Tuesday 20 February 2024
Applications close 4 pm Wednesday 20 March 2024
Notification of outcomes May 2023
In 2023-24, there are four funding categories.
Eligible applicants can only submit one application in one of the following three categories:
Category 1: On-field Uniforms or Equipment
Up to $1,000 to purchase on-field playing uniforms, participation equipment for competitors and active participants, safety, injury prevention and first-aid equipment.
Category 2: Volunteers and Officials
Up to $2,000 for projects that provide practical improvements to strengthen volunteering and officiating.
Category 3: Access and Engagement
Up to $1,000 to assist with funding for tools and resources that improve accessibility, governance and strengthen engagement with members and participants.
Up to $4,000 to plan and deliver a new sport or active recreation program.
Eligible applicants can submit one or more applications in the following category:
Category 4: Competitors
Up to $750 towards the costs of travel, accommodation and event registration fees for individual athletes selected to attend representative competition, selection trials or training camps.
Organisations that received a grant from the 2022-23 Sporting Club Grants program are not eligible to receive funding in 2023-24 through Categories 1, 2 or 3. Before applying, please check the list of previous grant recipients below.
All eligible organisations can apply for funding through Category 4: Competitors.
Applicants must meet all nine eligibility criteria listed under Section 4: Who Can Apply of the Program Guidelines.
Applications are only accepted from community-based organisations involved in the delivery of sport and active recreation in Victoria.
Applicants must be non-government, not-for-profit, operating in Victoria and registered as one of the following entities:
- an incorporated association
- a company limited by guarantee
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporation.
The Application Questions and Guidance document is intended to assist applicants prepare the information they will require to apply for funding.
Outlined in the document will be:
- the questions you will be asked
- details you will need to provide
- tips to submit your application online through the DJSIR grants portal
Application Questions and Guidance documents cannot be submitted in lieu of your online application. All applicants must submit a completed online application via the Department’s Grants Portal before 4pm on 12 October 2023.
You can download the Application Questions and Guidance documents here:
To learn more or to apply, visit: https://sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and-funding/our-grants/sporting-club-grants-program